Now that summer break is almost over, it is always a good idea to prepare the children for back-to-school safety. Our team at Rausch Coleman Homes wants to remind everyone of the importance of talking to your kids about being safe while they wait for the school bus. Drivers, once school starts back, remember to slow down near school zones and watch out for children getting off the bus.
School Bus Safety Tips:
- Make sure that if your children ride the bus, they get there early and never run after the bus.
- Wait for the bus to come to a complete stop before walking toward the bus.
- If they have to cross the street, let them know to wait for a signal from the bus driver and look both ways to make sure there is no moving traffic from both directions.
- Never cross behind the bus. Always cross in front of the bus so that the driver can see you.
- Remind your children to remain in their seat when the bus is in motion and if it has a lap belt, use it.
- Make sure that your children know the importance of getting off the bus only at their assigned spot.
- Never stand up to get off the bus until it has completely stopped.
Safety Tips for Drivers:
- Drivers, be aware of children walking to school or to the bus stop.
- When backing out of the driveway, watch for children behind you.
- On streets without crossing guards, watch out for children crossing the street.
- Be alert and aware when children are waiting to cross a street; they could start walking without looking first.
- Slow down whenever you are driving through a school zone.
Rausch Coleman Homes builds new homes in communities throughout Central and Northwest Arkansas; Tulsa and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; San Antonio, Texas and Kansas City, Missouri. For more information about Rausch Coleman Homes, visit www.rauschcolemanhomes.com